Sunday, June 21, 2015

Train Ride Tips from Jakarta to Java, Indonesia



Here are some Train Ride Tips for you if you are traveling from Jakarta to Java, Indonesia.


On 26 May, 2015  I arrived at 1:00 AM in Jakarta Soekarno - Hatta International Airport.  My arrival time for this trip was really challenging most especially that I am alone. If this is your case, you can simply plan ahead and book for a hotel. There are actually nearby and affordable hotels at the airport. I suggest you book via agoda.com before arriving in Indonesia. 

Since I was alone and on a budget trip, I patiently waited until 5:00 in the morning at the airport. I stayed at Bakmi- GM Bandara Restaurant until their closing time at 3:00 AM. While waiting, I tasted the very fist Indonesian food here which is worth 45,000 Rupiahs. Of course, it's more expensive to eat at the airport but I can say that their noodles are really tasty. Most importantly, the staffs were really warm and welcoming. When Bakmi Restaurant closed, I transferred to the nearby JCO Coffee shop which is in front of BAKMI Restaurant. From there, I waited until 5:00 AM.




Train Ride Tips from Jakarta to Java


Here's how to take the train from the airport:

1. If you are coming right from the Airport, take the Damri Bus going to Gambir Railway Train Station. It will take you approximately 2 hours.  

2. In Gambir Station, proceed to the counter and buy your ticket. Otherwise, you can book online before your arrival via this site: Gambir Railway Station. It can cost you around 18 USD if you'll take the executive seat and much cheaper if you choose the economy seat. 

3. If you booked online, look for the ticket printing area at the station and then print your train tickets. 

4. Prepare your passport and your ticket before entering  the boarding gates. 

5. The language used on the train is both in Bahasa and English. So you have to listen carefully once your destination is announced. 

5. From Java Train Station, you can now ride a taxi going to your particular hotel. In my case, I paid 50,000 Rupiahs from the station to Dominic Hotel.

It was my first time in Indonesia and I was alone. However, I felt so safe and at home because the people are really welcoming, respectful, warm and kind. Most of the people I met there thought that I am an Indonesian however when I tell them I can't understand Bahasa, that's when they say - your Filipino!











0 comments: